MAPFRE House is located in the heart of the financial district.
The building was acquired in 2016, and has undergone a complete renovation.
The chairman and CEO of MAPFRE, Antonio Huertas, this afternoon officially opened the company’s new headquarters in London, at an event attended by the Spanish ambassador to the UK, Carlos Bastarreche.
Huertas explained that this step “underpins our commitment to the British market. Regardless of the uncertainty surrounding Brexit, London will continue to play a strategic role in international insurance, and MAPFRE, as a global insurer, aims to occupy a relevant position in this market.”
The building, known up to now as Dixon House, is being renamed MAPFRE House. It is a premium building of 4,473 square meters, located on Lloyd’s Avenue, on the corner of Fenchurch Street, in the heart of London’s financial district and very close to the center of the international insurance market. The building was acquired by MAPFRE in 2016, and has been completely renovated and updated.
Constructed in 1900, the building is located on a plot that was in its day the headquarters of the East India Company, and over the course of the last century it also served as the headquarters of Lloyd’s Bank and the West of England Ship Owners Mutual Insurance Association company.