MAPRE Sigorta has completed its move to its new headquarters in a recently constructed business center in Istanbul
MAPFRE Sigorta has moved its headquarter operations to a new building, the Torun Center tower. The new headquarters were awarded the United States Green Building Certificate LEED Gold Certificate, which affirms the facility’s sustainable credentials.
The certification focuses on the following six areas: energy efficiency, water efficiency, interior quality, effective use of resources, building location and innovation in design.
MAPFRE Sigorta was awarded this certification based on the following factors:
• The offices received a maximum score for water efficiency in respect of water use reduction. The systems used in the facility generate water and energy savings of 50 and 40 percent respectively.
• Thanks to its proximity to public transport points, the offices also received a maximum of 6 points for its carbon footprint.
• A more comfortable working environment has been provided for employees by selecting quality materials throughout the interior.
• The floors of the offices were configured in such a way as to ensure maximum natural light.
• No chemical substances that are considered harmful to health were used in the interior (floor coverings, furniture and fittings etc.)
• High efficiency and energy-saving options were chosen in the design of the heating, cooling ventilation and lighting systems.
• All office automation equipment used by MAPFRE Sigorta employees was carefully selected so as to minimize its environmental impact – low energy printers, lighting etc.
The EMEA Regional Area, whose principal market in terms of business volume is Turkey, contributes 10.4 percent of total Group premiums. MAPFRE Sigorta, which is the fourth ranked Non-Life company in the country, reported profits of 569 million euros in 2016. The company employs more than 750 people in Turkey and has doubled its Non-Life market share over the last few years.