The main indicators of the Group’s social commitment are as follows:
- Tax contribution: in addition to complying with all legal and tax obligations in the respective countries, the Group’s corporate income tax contribution for the 2021 fiscal year will be 319 million euros, which equates to an effective rate of 23.6 percent.
- Commitment to ESG investments: Almost 90 percent of all assets in MAPFRE’s portfolio, excluding sovereign debt, have high and very high ESG ratings (economic, social and good corporate governance aspects).
- Commitment to employment: More than 97 percent of the 32,350 MAPFRE employees worldwide are on permanent contracts.
- Commitment to diversity: At the end of 2021, 49.1 percent of the vacancies for job positions of responsibility had been filled by women. In terms of inclusion, people with disabilities now account for 3.5 percent of the total workforce, exceeding the 3 percent target that the Group had set for the end of 2021.
- Commitment to society: Twelve percent of the global workforce has participated in the corporate volunteering program, which directly benefited 169,000 people around the world in 2021.
- Environmental commitment: The Group has committed to reducing its carbon footprint until it is carbon neutral throughout the world by 2030.