The main indicators of the Group’s social commitment are as follows:
- Tax contribution: In addition to the fulfillment of all legal and fiscal obligations in the respective countries, the Group’s contribution in corporation tax for the 2020 fiscal year will be 298 million euros, which is equivalent to an effective tax rate of 26.6 percent on earnings.
- ESG commitment: Almost 90 percent of all assets in the MAPFRE portfolio, excluding sovereign debt, have high or very high ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) scores.
- Commitment to employment: 98 percent of MAPFRE’s 33,730 employees worldwide enjoy permanent contracts.
- Commitment to diversity: By 2020 year-end, 46.3 percent of vacancies in job positions of responsibility were filled by women. With regard to inclusion, people with disabilities now represent 3.3 percent of the Group’s workforce, exceeding the 3 percent target the Group had set itself for the end of 2021.
- Commitment to society: Over 150,000 people benefited from the actions carried out by more than 4,750 employees and family members, thanks to the corporate volunteering program, which had to scale back its activities during the year due to the pandemic.
- Environmental commitment: The Group is committed to reducing its carbon footprint with a view to achieving global emissions neutrality by 2030. Meanwhile, the most immediate objective is to achieve zero emissions in Spain and Portugal by the end of 2021.